Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good turn signal relay. Is there an easy to find replacement out there? From a different bike or possibly a car?
Please help.
Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
yes
Napa carries them, its just a 2 prong relay for signals

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you use LED type bulbs you will need the one that works with them and is normally closed when first activated. Napa, Discount auto have them in stock. It has a small PC board in it you can see.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, got the relay but it wasn't the problem.
THE Problem: Rear turn signals are fine. Front turn signals don't work. The Front running lights work, but NOT the signals. Hmmmm. Some point where front to back meet is the problem ?
Don't know.
Thanks ED

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks, got the relay but it wasn't the problem.
THE Problem: Rear turn signals are fine. Front turn signals don't work. The Front running lights work, but NOT the signals. Hmmmm. Some point where front to back meet is the problem ?
Don't know.
Thanks ED
first make sure your front bulbs are duel element bulbs ?..if they are not ?..then you won't get them to flash. check to make sure the front turn signal lights are wired up right ?. last but not least, make sure you got the right turn signal flasher ?. I ran into this problem with my cx650c flasher..bought a car auto flasher, found out I could not use the ground wire at the flasher, when I first hooked it up..it blew the fuse right off. I just never hooked the green ground up on the flasher, they work like new now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shadetree, didn't mean to offend you. Not sure how this forum works. I thought replying to your reply would be between us not the world. Had I asked in a different language maybe then I would be trying to put one over on you. Alas, only uno idioma.

Hello world (maybe). Correct flasher = YES.
Correct dual filament bulbs = YES (why wouldn't they be. Factory stock.)
Bulbs work = Yes
Possibly murryf is pointing in the right direction. He says the meet in the headlight.
Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
255 Posts
Shadetree, didn't mean to offend you. Not sure how this forum works. I thought replying to your reply would be between us not the world. Had I asked in a different language maybe then I would be trying to put one over on you. Alas, only uno idioma.

Hello world (maybe). Correct flasher = YES.
Correct dual filament bulbs = YES (why wouldn't they be. Factory stock.)
Bulbs work = Yes
Possibly murryf is pointing in the right direction. He says the meet in the headlight.
Thanks, Ed
none takin eejcx :). murrayf is correct, the wires all hook up inside the headlight bucket. nolimitz also brings up a good subject. make sure the correct bulbs are indeed installed ?. I have ran into bulbs that may work one way ?..but not another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts