Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader of the forum, selling my 1980 Deluxe.

Carbs were rebuilt using Randakk's carb kit and a little help from forum member dccoleman.
Selling as a whole, not parting out - except for highway pegs.
I also have a saddle bag - River Road brand "no frills saddle bag" (not pictured).

Here is the craigslist posting:
https://rmn.craigslist.org/mcy/6132032960.html

Let me know if you're interested! Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So a potential sale fell through...made me realize how flexible on price I am. I'm also fairly motivated seller. Hoping my $900 asking price isn't way off base. Happy to entertain reasonable offers. This site is awesome so would be great to sell to a forum member.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To give more background...
I've had the D for about 3 years, bought from a friend of a friend who stored in the barn. Mufflers had rusted off and weren't included. Since then it ran for about 1 season then the carbs clogged and almost got stranded... Yikes! So I used Larry's carb cleaning method, and cleaned with ultrasonic cleaner, put it together with Randakk card kit. Now runs great! I picked up some Harley muflers from the local Harley dealer...they had a huge pile of take-offs. After putting the carbs back together I found the master cylinder totally empty. I've had fun working on it, but the family is growing and I dont have the time to put towards the bypass or the MC. Would be great to see it continue getting brought back to life rather than parting out...but hey, I want make a sale at the end of the day. Open to offers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts