Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have gone through my Carbs with the help of Larry's book. Last thing to do before assembly is to replace the choke spring. To remove the choke plate I need to Hold the spring down with a zip tie but where do I anchor the tie down at? I can not tell from the pics in the book. I am prety frustrated at this point and any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh yeah one more thing is which way is the spring be wound, I know this should be obvious but I am spatially challenged!

·
Super Moderator
22,553 Posts
I don't know what you mean about the zip tie.

But if you have the carbs facing you with their engine side the spring is pulled over the top toward you and wound on one full turn before hooking to its anchor point.

·
Super Moderator
2,829 Posts
Sorry I didn't go into better detail on the zip tie in the book. Here is a larger picture of the way I had it tied up to open the choke.
The tie goes through the slide cover hole and then around the choke cam to hold it open. This picture is also on pg 44, bottom right. It also shows the proper position for the spring.

The method I currently use is by using a long thin rod inserted through one hole in the shaft and plate. That holds it open so you can get the first screw in.

Reactions: CXPHREAK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T
I don't know what you mean about the zip tie.

But if you have the carbs facing you with their engine side the spring is pulled over the top toward you and wound on one full turn before hooking to its anchor point.
thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you
Sorry I didn't go into better detail on the zip tie in the book. Here is a larger picture of the way I had it tied up to open the choke.
The tie goes through the slide cover hole and then around the choke cam to hold it open. This picture is also on pg 44, bottom right. It also shows the proper position for the spring.
View attachment 208217

The method I currently use is by using a long thin rod inserted through one hole in the shaft and plate. That holds it open so you can get the first screw in.
View attachment 208218
[/QUOT
View attachment 208217

View attachment 208218
Thank you Larry, I get it now! Really like your quote It reminds me of what my Dad used to say "measure twice, cut once"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts