·
Registered
24,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I just bought a 1980 cx500 custom it needs new tires

i am wondering what is the best for mileage grip ect

we will be using the bike for commuting and highway riding

it will only have a small trunk and be ridden by one person.

so fairly light.

i like the looks of the raised letter bridgestone spitfires

they would look good as the bike will be black

but have never used them are they any good?

Thanks

Murray

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
The spitfires are the most recommended tires on here. I wouldn't trade mine for another brand. Especially for about $135 a pair.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The raised white letter Bridgestones are going to be what I use next. The bike came with a brand new pair of Cheng Shen upper end model tires so I may as well get some mileage out of them before I change. Then again I might be able to sell them after I take them off, they've only got a few hundred miles on them.

Yea, selling them sounds like a good idea, always someone on here looking for an inexpensive set and I'd let them go cheap.

It'll have to wait through, not working since November has put a serious dent in my reserve free cash and the first major expense I'll have is $500 for those fan controller circuit boards and probably about the same for all the parts to populate them. At least I've already bought the ICs, I spent something like $250 on those but I've got over 240 of them in stock. Worldwide there's only 50 left at Farnell and 2 at Mouser however the manufacturer will be making another run soon and will hopefully make some extra for the wholesalers to sell. Lead time is something like 12 - 16 weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.