Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1978 CX500
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the factory windscreen that mounts to the gauge housing.
I know it didn't come on the 1978 CX500 that I am restoring, but it looks great and is practical for some wind protection.

I think it came stock on the 1980 Sports model.
Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1982 CX500 C
67 Posts
You can find those small ones on eBay.

And if you want a bigger one (Road Warrior), lmk… I’ll be selling mine.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I am looking for the factory windscreen that mounts to the gauge housing.
I know it didn't come on the 1978 CX500 that I am restoring, but it looks great and is practical for some wind protection. View attachment 208988
I think it came stock on the 1980 Sports model.
Thanks for any information.
The flyscreen first appeared on the 1980 CX500A (which isn't a 'Sports' model), and this was not sold in North America. The ones available on eBay lack the curvature of the original Honda ones, but finding a good original Honda one would be virtually impossible - they usually get scratched, often cracked, and they all craze eventually.
Look up "Screens for bikes" in Australia. They do the best-looking aftermarket one I've seen - it's got the curvature lacking in all the other aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
1978 CX500
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the US model 1978 Cx500 is called the Shadow in Australia. The Eagle Screen H-58 model might work, all the site shows is a line drawing, but I'll need to buy it for $120 plus shipping, and USD to Aus dollar conversion to find out.
I think it really improves the ascetic of the front cowl, and might offer some wind deflection.
Maybe a $22 Chinese version could work with modifications. If I learn anything I'll report back.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Looks like the US model 1978 Cx500 is called the Shadow in Australia. The Eagle Screen H-58 model might work, all the site shows is a line drawing, but I'll need to buy it for $120 plus shipping, and USD to Aus dollar conversion to find out.
I think it really improves the ascetic of the front cowl, and might offer some wind deflection.
Maybe a $22 Chinese version could work with modifications. If I learn anything I'll report back.
Yup mine is a H-58. Uses the std mounting holes on the "B" model, they also sell mounting hardware like well nuts either- anodized or stainless if you dont necessarily want 100% OEM

see reply #8here for pics-the yellow bike shows H-58 from memory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts