Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased this bike a number of years ago for fun, restored it, and then a couple of years ago outfitted it with handle bars, crash bars and tires for a 1,000 mile ride thru the desert southwest that was ultimately canceled due to COVID.

It looks great and runs great but I rarely ride it and would like it to go to someone who would.

The bike is located in Houston, Texas and priced to sell at $4,750.

If interested, please contact me.

Thanks,

Ken
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Super Moderator
5,800 Posts
The US of A is a big place. It may assist prospective buyers if they know your location.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
It’s a CX500, not a GL500 but thanks for your unsolicited opinion.
As I said good luck with your sale. I hope you get your asking. CX and GL's really dont differ in price much. I have had both since the original 78 bought new in 78.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Sellers have different "wiggle room" (willingness to negotiate)
But as a off-shore member I'm surprised at the lower cost of bikes like the CX in USA

Good luck with the sale...

edit: if you did a restoration with OEM/NOS parts and have receipts that will help.....

current offerings....
Honda Cx500 Motorcycles for sale (smartcycleguide.com)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Font Menu Publication Paper Document

As I said good luck with your sale. I hope you get your asking. CX and GL's really dont differ in price much. I have had both since the original 78 bought new in 78.
According to my price guide, the CX is worth over twice the GL.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Many of us have learned our bikes sell more readily to the general public than to members of this forum. We’re just always looking for a “deal” I suppose.

Reactions: bahn88

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many of us have learned our bikes sell more readily to the general public than to members of this forum. We’re just always looking for a “deal” I suppose.
The CX500 is such an unusual bike that the general public has no idea what it is. I’d like it to go to someone who knows what it is and takes care of it for the next guy. I’ve never sold one of my vintage restorations. They become my children so I’m probably romanticizing it’s worth. I’d sell it for less to the right person.

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,263 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Without hijacking the thread....some interesting prices listed for condition 1 across the models. Here CB900Fwere common...going cheap...then period racers bought them..havent seen one recently....

Anyways...good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Where did that price guide come from? It does not seem to be anywhere close to reality. I truly hope that you get your price but you’re more than double the actual going rate for a custom. I am sure there are many custom owners here that are wishing that price guide was accurate.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where did that price guide come from? It does not seem to be anywhere close to reality. I truly hope that you get your price but you’re more than double the actual going rate for a custom. I am sure there are many custom owners here that are wishing that price guide was accurate.
I am sure my kids wish it were accurate.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Publication Automotive tire

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts