Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if a custom petcock will fit a deluxe tank, custom is 80, deluxe is 81.

[edited for accuracy, because the original poster was out to lunch]

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
If they are both manual petcocks or both vacuum petcocks then yes.

Manual petcocks are 14mm and vacuum are 18mm.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a deluxe tank of the bay and it didn't come with one, so that is why I was asking. Since I don't know what type it was, I guess I'll have to either try a caliper to get a measure or just remove the other and see if it will fit.

Thanks for the reply. You're quick!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it was about 6 months ago. However, I do have a picture, AND, just realized it is from an '81 Deluxe, so that will pretty much screw me up I'm certain. It looks as though it has the pipe coming out of the bottom of the tank and just needs the petcock valve/handle thingy. I'll screw around with what I have over December break and see if I can't make it fit.

(And of course although I have a picture, I cannot post it as it is a file from my computer, which I have uploaded before, but can't seem to find any way to do it now. Maybe because this is a reply?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.