Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
You have fractures in the wires - humming indicates power -
looks like you need to cut the wires back a bit and re- terminate-

when it was running in the video it looked fine - flaky connections / fractured joints or wires with breaks in them.

Regards
Ray

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, I thought I had figured out the problem. The red wire coming out of the raesan unit had a faulty bullet connector. I fixed that and all the finicky stuff stopped. No more dying at the touch or while moving wires. Idled great. Felt strong. Took it on a 30min ride yesterday, not a single issue. Rode great with its normal power.

This morning, left for work again and it went right back to doing its crap backfiring, one cylinder black magic after 10min. Literally the only difference between yesterday and today is the cold. I have no idea what to do or what it could be. I rode it much longer and harder yesterday without a single problem. Murphy has it out for me.

The right side lights are still weaker, probably by 50%, you can't see it in the video though. Anything there to explore and do we think it is unrelated to the raesan ignition?

Thanks as always guys..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Could it be that the raesan is out of time just a bit and that is why there is so much backfiring when its cold out of the right cylinder? Would taking the back cover off reveal anything on the raesan?

Also, just to clear my mind about it being a fuel issue, is it okay to swap the carbs Murray or are they specific to one side?

I've already swapped coils, it makes no difference.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You have fractures in the wires - humming indicates power -
looks like you need to cut the wires back a bit and re- terminate-

when it was running in the video it looked fine - flaky connections / fractured joints or wires with breaks in them.

Regards
Ray
Is there any way I can test what module may be failing when it gets colder out? Seems like that may be tough.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts