Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1979 CX500C has come down with a couple issues. The horn stopped working earlier this year, and the running light in the back doesn't work as of last time turned it on. All other lights work, including the brake light and all other running lights. My fuses are all in working order. Last time I ran the bike, the light worked; now, not so much. All wiring seems to be in good order. Seeing as how the brake light works on both hand and foot controls, this leads me to believe the wiring is good, its just the running light. (bulb was also replaced)

Also as a side note, last week I went to fire up the bike, and it won't start. Turns over like crazy, but won't fire.
I haven't checked for spark yet. The ignition key switch was replaced. Prior to the replacement everything was working fine, including the lights, since the ignition replacement, the light isn't working and it only turns over but won't fire.

Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not running an ignitech, and every part is correct, after I worked out all my other bugs; bike ran really good aside from the horn and real light.

·
Super Moderator
4,280 Posts
Are you getting 12 volts at the horn and at the running light socket? If not, work backwards from there following the wiring diagram.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts