Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a 1981 CX500 Custom. It's all pretty good, but I immediately added CX500 to my Craigslist app. Soon enough, and a 1979 CX500 Custom "parts bike" (or, more specifically a bike that "does run but I took the carbs off because they were so gummed up") showed up for a couple hundred bucks.

The first question: What is the compatibility of these two bikes? Are they worthy parts partners?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really? How do you get insurance and plates? How do they know it isn't stolen???

They know it isn't stolen because of the registration and plate. If you have a title, it's slightly easier...and most bikes have when you buy them new, but most of the vintage bikes have lost their titles simply because they weren't legally necessary in NH. I have bought both of my bikes without titles and the process is that you have to call a police officer to visit your house. They fill out a form verifying that the VIN matches the VIN on the Bill of Sale. Then you bring the BOS and the form to the town clerk and they issue registration and plates. Might seem like a hassle but both times an officer has been at my house within an hour or two of the request (but then again, I live in a town of 2000).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.