Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my 1978 CX500. It was a project bike that my friend and I finished earlier this summer. We've put some miles on it and we are comfortable with the way it's running and performing. We didn't want to let it out the door and the new owner have problems. It was definitely a learning experience. We've done most everything you can do to the bike to make it perform at its best. I will link the build thread for it at the bottom. The bike is located in International Falls, MN. We could possibly transport it a little ways but if that's to be the case we obviously need a solid buyer to make the trip. I don't mean to offend anyone on the price and if anyone thinks it's insanely high feel free to share than information. There's not a lot of them like this out there if any at the moment but I've seen them sell in the past for more. Anyone on this sight should have a pretty good idea what it costs to restore and build something like this. Feel free to ask questions and I can get more pictures if necessary.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yay a like! The market must be off on these right now. Make an offer!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah although I wanted to swap the front integrated turn signals to something else because I feel they could be a touch brighter.

·
Super Moderator
22,553 Posts
Cool, that sort of thing can be a barrier to sale.

Apparently in South Australia many of these bikes with monoshock conversions have been defected by police on road until an engineering certificate can be obtained. This can become expensive and frustrating.

This leads to much reluctance to buy somebody elses modified work.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. Mn is pretty easy. It’s the reason I wanted to test it a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't like it well enough to buy it, then pay for it to be transported to California, but I do admire it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whatttt???? I'm kinda having fun driving it right now. I'm selling my 2020 Scout Bobber because my ass can't take it anymore and I'm getting a chief so having the CX for an around town is nice.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You can never have too many bikes! Or cars or whatever your hobby its! I'd include women in that statement but that gets ugly real quick... :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts