Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bro Dave and Amy will be returning from this event in Alabama tomorrow. They were there accompanying vintage racer Dave Roper #7. They toured the Barber museum and got an after hours tour of the downstairs restoration shops, courtesy of Dave R, who races on Team Obsolete’s (Brooklyn, NY) vintage bikes, as well as working with DR in the pits. DR normally is his own support crew, so he welcomed the help with the constant gearing and jetting changes as well as repairs and mods that make up the challenge of vintage racing. Dave Roper will soon be my brother’s bro’law, and is likely to show up here at the BIA Dirt Day Fall Picnic next week, in his trademark dirty yellow leather racing suit. He has a substantial online presence if you are interested, Dave Roper Racing. Claims to have been in over 2000 races and won about half, including a Vintage win at Isle of Man, still runs a full racing season nationwide in the USA at 73 I think. Or 74? 😆

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
www.teamobsolete.com

Interesting outfit, I’m told the owner Rob I. has a couple of restored WWII PT boats in the water too. I hope to get to visit them in NYC sometime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts