Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 13th Annual Twin Cities Spring Ride and Barbecue will be on Saturday, May 30th. I plan to head southwest this year, probably starting in Maple Plain.

Please note: I'm beginning a 90-day ascetic program tomorrow, so I'll be off the forum until Easter. I'll post the route and more details then. You can still reach me via text or email:
Six 1 two - 8 Zero 1 - Four 2 Three 9
randall<dot>temple<at>usfamily<dot>net

Thanks for your patience,

Randall

P.S. If a mod can pin this, and unpin the old thread, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
This will be in the gap of my new job (Early Election Deputy, City of Minneapolis), between the Pres. Primary and General Primaries, so I will be able to attend!
Randell, which bike will you ride?

·
Registered
97 Posts
II'll be on the ride. Thanks to Thumper, I've a bunk for Fri and Sat night again this year. I wonder which bike he'll dust off in that stable of Classics. My '80 cx500c fired right up last Sunday on the second twist of the key. Looking for another nice day and some spring rain to wash off lots of sand from our country road.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I will probably be in the area. No bike, but depending on what all is going on I might be able to play rear-guard again, or at least show up with some treats at the end.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Mel, I for one will be looking forward to being able to shoot the bull with you. I think the last time I saw you was in 2014.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
My travel plans for England are Kaput, with the travel ban there. So I'll be on the ride for sure.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don't mean to rain on the parade.

But don't you think it may be wiser to postpone these rallies until the pandemic is waning?

Every state has reports of the infection. Canceled/Delayed activities and closings are increasing in number. International college students are being called back. Panic buying is becoming common and ludicrous... Economy is headed into the toilet. CDC is recommending closing for 8 weeks. You guys are seeing the same information on the news channels as I am.

Is it wise to schedule the rally at this time???

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would rather have it planned, and postpone it, than postpone the planning. I shall return this year, if only to verify the repair of my oil hemorage.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If the Ride does happen on May 30th this year, it'll be a bit different. Expect a lunch of drive-thru (walk-thru?) fast food or gas station food, and no barbecue at the end. I'll save the New Ulm ride for next year, when we can enjoy a German restaurant. I'm thinking a SE metro start, and a loop through the Mississippi/St Croix Valley.
Maybe there will be a late-summer ride with a barbecue. We'll just have to see what happens.

Randall

·
Registered
95 Posts
Maybe next year Schell's will have their rumored new place open too (just down the road from me too!).

The SE loop is a fantastic ride too. I'll try get there.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts